At some time in our lives, perhaps because of disability or just getting older, many of us find it more difficult to carry out everyday tasks and remain independent.
Hackney Home Improvements
This could be anything from struggling to climb into the bath, to finding it difficult to get upstairs.
Our service provides practical support so that you can maintain a safe and accessible home environment.
Through our service you can access free information and advice and explore what solutions could best support you.
Our service phone number is 03301 244 487 and we work from 8 Orsman Road, Hackney, N1 5QJ.
Help we can provide includes:
- Completing a free assessment with you about your needs
- Providing impartial information and advice
- Setting out your housing options and helping you decide which best suits you
- Signposting to other partners if they can support your needs
- Helping with any work you decide to have carried out on your home. For example, drawing up plans, getting estimates and liaising with others involved in the work, such as council grants officers and occupational therapists
- Additional handyperson services such as carrying out small jobs around your home, helping with gardening, or assisting when coming home from hospital
- Helping to make your home more energy-efficient