There are lots of ways to fund different repairs or adaptations depending on your circumstances. We will help you explore the options available to you.

There are lots of different grants, and it may be that you are eligible for charitable funding or meet the Council’s eligibility criteria for a Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG). Please see http://www.hackney.gov.uk/disabled-facilities-grants  for more details.

The DFG is means tested (unless the adaptation is for a child) meaning you may qualify for a full grant, or you may be required to contribute towards the cost of the works subject to your personal financial circumstances. If you are a Housing Association tenant, your landlord may fund the adaptation for you.

Other improvement and repairs grants are also available from the Council to help with the cost of repairs and to improve the energy efficiency and security of private homes. Please see http://www.hackney.gov.uk/improvements-and-repairs for more details.